Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dinner Done EZ

A few years ago, I created a database with all my dinner recipes, including their ingredient list and recommended sides, etc.
Then every week I'd select 7 dinners for the upcoming week, transfer those 7 to a Dinner Menu sheet to go on the fridge, and transfer all the ingredients to my Grocery List that was separated into sections (produce, deli, etc).

It worked for a while.
But then as my toddlers got busier and I came down with mono, I simply did not have the energy or time to go through the whole selection process, etc.
I think we ended up eating a lot of fish sticks, chicken nuggets, and frozen pizza.

That's when my husband, Matt, came across this website:
http://www.e-mealz.com/
And I've got to say, I love it.

Essentially you subscribe to a weekly meal plan that does everything I used to do.

e-Mealz provides seven dinners (with ingredient lists and recipes) and the grocery shopping list on a weekly basis.

You can select specific stores like ALDI's, Walmart, Kroger, etc. Those store-specific plans will actually give you approximate costs of items. You can also choose the "Any Store" option if your favorite store is not listed.

They also have Specialty Meal Plans (low-fat, low-carb, points-system, or even vegetarian). The Meal Plans are also available for couples in regular, low-fat, or points system.

So a subscription costs approximately $1** per week. And I'd say my time and energy are worth a lot more than that, so I happily pay.

**Note- You get a discount if you type in the code: Dave
I believe Dave Ramsey talked about this site on his show.

At any rate, I've been a subscriber since the first week in February and making dinners has never been simpler.
Some of the recipes are truly fabulous and are being added to my permanent recipe file.

And I love how the shopping list is organized. Some of the ingredients are considered "staples" but there's a section down at the bottom that lists the staples if you're running low or out of a particular item. Makes it so easy to circle and ensure you don't forget anything.
Oh, and they also have more lines in each grocery section (frozen, canned, produce, etc) for you to add items for breakfasts, lunches, snacks, etc.

I just love this site and am so happy to lighten my load a bit.
I hope this helps lighten yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment